I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, snacking on balls is the perfect go to snack for energy and bliss!
You’ve probably seen my 4 Ingredient Raw Matcha Coconut & Date Balls and were thinking how could it get better than that? Well, roll the balls in cacao powder and now you’ve got a delicious and nutritious chocolate ball. And I never say no to chocolate.
These balls were made using Moondeli Bliss Booster powder which includes cacao, cayenne, maca, cinnamon and sea salt as the ingredients but feel free to use cacao powder or your own blend of ingredients as listed in the Moondeli blend! This blend helps to relieve stress, bring the mind to the present and act as an overall antioxidant.
Health benefits of cacao include:
- protects the body from environmental toxins
- increases the immune system
- detoxifies the liver
- lifts your mood
- regulates blood sugar
- improves brain function
This recipe is so easy to make and utilizes the basic coconut & date base for the ball and just switches what it is rolled in. I love meal prepping these bliss balls for the week to have a clean eating snack when I need something sweet and energizing. I like switching up the flavors so I don’t get tired of the repetition and love keeping it healthy for my overall sense of wellness.
Yields 12 balls
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- Soak the dates in a bowl of water for 5 minutes.
- Add the dates, shredded coconut and coconut oil to a food processor and combine until a sticky dough forms.
- Take a tbsp. of the dough and roll it in between your hands. Set aside and continue to roll balls until all of the dough has been used.
- Place cacao powder on a plate and roll each ball in the cacao powder
- Store in an air tight container in the freezer until ready to eat!