Snacking on balls is my healthy go to for sweets and treats cravings!
I love my sweets, I love my snacks, and I love these balls! They’re so easy to make and packed with superfoods including dates, coconut and matcha!
Matcha is an amazing source of antioxidants and helps to boost the immune system and fight inflammation in the body! Not to be confused with maca, this green powder is specially grown and processed green tea, but unlike green tea, it contains the whole leaves. This leaves the powder with a deeper flavor and a higher quality superfood tea.
Health benefits of Matcha include:
- improves the immune system
- increased energy
- cancer fighting properties
- detoxes the body of heavy metals and toxins
- increases metabolism
- enhances mood
This recipe for raw matcha coconut & date balls has only 4 ingredients and is really easy to make!
Yields 12 balls
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. matcha powder
- Soak the dates in a bowl of water for 5 minutes
- Add the dates, shredded coconut and coconut oil to a food processor and combine until a sticky dough forms.
- Take a tbsp. of the dough and roll it in between your hands. Set aside and continue to roll balls until all of the dough has been used.
- Place matcha powder on a plate and roll each ball in the matcha powder
- Store in an air tight container in the freezer until ready to eat!