Medjool dates aren’t just for sweet treat recipes. Today we’re enjoying a savory recipe of 5 ingredient zoodles with medjool date cashew cream sauce!
You guys know I love my dessert! I have a serious sweet tooth and I love using medjool dates in my dessert because they’re a great source of natural sugar, have 15% of your daily fiber so you’ll be satiated and they have 50% more potassium by weight than bananas. These delicious little fruits are nature’s candy and I’m obsessed.
And now I’m bringing all that sweetness to a savory dish that is super easy to make and you’ll feel indulgent while eating it. And don’t worry, this delicious medjool date cashew cream sauce can be used in desserts too! I’m thinking stuffed in medjool dates because who can get enough of these sweet treats!
35 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- cooking fat
- 1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup water
- Soak the cashews and dates for 30 minutes in a large bowl with the water.
- Drain the water, reserving 1/2 cup of the water (use less or more depending on desired thickeness of your sauce.
- Add the soaked cashews, dates and water to a high speed blender and blend until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Spiralize the zucchini, or use a mandolin slicer or vegetable peeler to create ribbons.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add cooking fat. Add the zoodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the zoodles from the heat and divide it into 4 bowls. Top with cashew cream sauce. Option to add cooked chicken or shrimp.