A chocolate, almond-butter bread with one really green and healthy ingredient – zucchini!
After meal prep Sunday, we had a lot of zucchini in the fridge and there’s only so many zoodles that can be made! What would we do with all the zucchini before it went bad? Well after asking this question, my next question was, what can we make for dessert? Well how about a zucchini dessert?
Zucchini is a very low calorie food that has many wonderful health benefits. It can be eaten raw or cooked and as you’re about to learn, it’s more than just for savory entrees, it can also be used for dessert!
Some health benefits of zucchini include:
- source of protein and fiber
- high water content so it is extremely hydrating
- satisfies appetite, ultimately helping you lose weight
- packed with vitamins and minerals such as – Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, calcium, potassium, copper, folate, zinc, and magnesium
- cancer fighting properties
- reduces the risk for heart attack
So how does zucchini make the perfect dessert? Pair it with the perfect dessert foods – chocolate and almond butter! This zucchini bread is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and egg free. I used Salba Chia Seeds in place of an egg, Nuttzo 7 Nut & Seed Crunchy Butter Spread and Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Mini Chips which are gluten free, dairy free and soy free which keeps this recipe totally clean eating approved! But I promise these brownies are full of flavor! This can either be made into a bread or brownies. Either way, it’s ooey and goeey, chocoaltey and delicious!
How do you like to eat zucchini?
Yields 1 Mini Loaf Bread
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. maca powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini loaf pan with coconut oil spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan - you can add more chocolate chips to the top!
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to let it cool completely before cutting into it to eat!