It’s not easy being green! But this supergreens chocolate almond butter bread is not only green and delicious, but it’s super easy to make.
I’ve never been one to shy away from eating my greens. Green juices, green salads, green veggies! There’s so many delicious ways to eat your greens. But what about dessert? When we think of dessert, we usually think of sugar laden treats that are less than healthy. But what if we added a dose of supergreens to our dessert?
Paleovalley Supergreens are a high quality superfood that are easy to digest, don’t contain any added sweeteners, gluten, soy, or other cereal grasses and grains.
Living my balanced life means eating all the greens and healthy foods, but also enjoying sweet treats and desserts when my body is craving them. So now I’ve found a delicious way to have my greens, and eat my cake too! Now I’d like to say the supergreens are “hidden,” but this dessert is literally green! So it’s hard denying that there are veggies in it. But no one needs to know just how healthy these greens truly are. And I couldn’t imagine throwing all of these superfoods into one recipe without using the Paleovalley Supergreens to help.
So grab your almond-butter, your chocolate, your coconut flour and all your dessert essentials…and then grab your greens and get to baking…and then get to eating!
Yields 10 slices
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp. Paleovalley Supergreens Powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Optional: Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Then add in the dry ingredients. Option to add in the chocolate chips to the batter, or just to the top of the bread.
- Grease a small bread loaf pan (a larger loaf pan will yield a longer but thinner bread) and pour the batter into it.
- Add chocolate chips to the top and push down into the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before slicing and eating.
Thank you Paleovalley for sponsoring this post. It means so much to be able to work with brands that I love.