One of my favorite ways to cook is throwing everything in the refrigerator into a pan! And this ground turkey brussels sprout stir-fry is the ultimate clean out the fridge meal!
I meal prep a lot of food through out the week. And sometimes there are random leftovers that aren’t enough for an entire meal. So my solution is to throw everything into a pan, heat it up, and serve! The smaller dishes combine to become the ultimate clean out the fridge meal. And with a few additions, like fresh apple, zoodles, or arugula to serve it with, you have dinner in just a few minutes!
I love meals that are quick, simple and delicious. That’s why I meal prep – so that I can come home after a long day and know that I have healthy food waiting for me. Then I don’t have to spend hours cooking. Cleaning out the fridge at the end of the week always becomes my favorite time because I get the best of all of my meal prep meals in one dish!
This ground turkey brussels sprout stir-fry was a complete accident of a meal. But it’s one I definitely want to make again! I had the ground turkey already made as part of my meal prep, but this is also a recipe that can stand on its own! I can’t wait to make this dish again. And it can be served hot or cold on a summer day! This would also be a delicious breakfast hash!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did and feel free to switch up the spices. I used Primal Palate Barbecue Rub which consists of Pink Himalayan Salt, Onion, Garlic, Paprika, Oregano, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Ginger, Cumin, Cayenne, Coriander. So if you don’t have the blend on hand, combine these spices according to your taste preferences!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 cups Mirepoix
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tsp. Primal Palate Barbecue Rub*
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8-10oz. brussels sprouts, shredded
- *if you don't have the Primal Palate Barbecue Rub, add the following spices according to your taste preference (Pink Himalayan Salt, Onion, Garlic, Paprika, Oregano, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Ginger, Cumin, Cayenne, Coriander)
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the Mirepoix and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the onions, celery and carrots are soft.
- Then add the ground turkey, and spices and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the meat is completely cooked through and no longer pink.
- While the meat is cooking, shred all brussels sprouts to single leaves in a food processor.
- Add brussels sprouts to the skillet. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender (can add .5-1 tbsp. more of coconut oil or water if pan is dry).
- Mix well. Serve.