What’s better than a dish that’s super easy to make and delicious to eat? Well, these kid friendly and adult approved paleo chicken tenders will be your new favorite recipe to add to your weekly meal prep!
Chicken tenders get a bad rap for being a fast, fried food. They’re usually made with inflammatory white flour, bread crumbs, and sometimes they’re even coated in an extra layer of cheese. Well, what if I told you that you could get that perfect, crunchy chicken tender texture you love so much without all of the gluten, dairy, and guilt!
These chicken tenders are made with 4 simple ingredients: organic, pasture raised chicken, organic eggs, coconut flour and Kitchfix Grain-Free Paleo Granola. This granola has a base of almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut and maple syrup that’s all been slow roasted so it’s extremely flavorful, and crunchy. The granola will keep this dish kid friendly and parent approved because it won’t contain any inflammatory grains or dairy but instead has heart, bone and gut healthy ingredients.
This recipe is also so fun to make, and if you do have kids you can certainly get them involved in making this dish! Once you have all of your ingredients laid out, simply dip the chicken in the coconut flour, then the egg and then the granola. Repeat and then bake for 15 minutes. That’s it. Serve these chicken tenders along with your favorite vegetables for a healthy balanced meal!
And you can get creative with your meal prep leftovers and cut up the chicken tenders and top your salad with them for a not so boring meal prep salad!
12 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp. almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups Kitchfix Granola, smashed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the granola to a ziploc bag, seal it, and then smash the granola using the bottom of a jar, back of a knife, or a rolling pin.
- Add the smashed granola to a bowl, the whisked eggs and almond milk to another bowl and the coconut flour to a third bowl.
- Pat the chicken tenders dry and add to the bowl of coconut flour, coating evenly.
- Dip the chicken tender in the egg and almond milk mixture coating evenly.
- Lastly, dip the chicken tender in the granola making sure that both sides are coated evenly.
- Place the chicken tender on the baking sheet and repeat until all of the chicken tenders have been coated.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven to flip the chicken tenders and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!