Ryan has an obsession with donuts, but you know what’s easier to to make? Waffles! And these Paleo Almond Waffles are now my new obsession!
I grew up with my parents making homemade meals and treats. I never bought donuts because if I wanted them, my mom would make them. NYC bagels are world-renowned, but my moms homemade bagels are certainly in the running. And why buy a pie of pizza only to have half the cheese and sauce stick to the top of the delivery box when you can make homemade pizza and even top it with homemade mozzarella cheese.
I think you’re getting the point – I grew up with homemade food, so it’s only natural that I make homemade food for my family! Ryan and I love cooking together and we’ve even found baking to be fun. We enjoy sweets every now and then, always refined sugar free to prevent a spike in blood sugar levels. We’ve made donuts, cookies, pie, brownies…so now we’re making waffles!
For me, breakfast is eggs and bacon, but that doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in a sweet treat early in the morning every once in a while. These Paleo Almond Waffles are made with a few simple ingredients, is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and totally delicious. A nice change in our typical morning breakfast of sweet potato toast!
Paleo Almond Waffles For Breakfast!
So this morning we experimented together in the kitchen with waffles, not something we make very often. And I have to say I was completely impressed and happy with this morning treat. We used Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice which had a warm and cozy taste on this cold winter morning! It contains Saigon Cinnamon, Ginger, Allspice, Cardamom, Nutmeg and has a whole lot of delicious flavor!
Toppings for waffles are endless. We decided to add dairy-free chocolate chips to the batter so we topped it with Wildway Vanilla Bean Espresso granola because what goes better with chocolate than coffee! Feel free to add coconut chips, cacao nibs, fresh fruit, raw honey…anything you’re craving!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a large mixing bowl add your eggs and whisk together.
- Add the coconut milk and mix with the eggs.
- Next, add the almond flour and mix to combine.
- Add the shredded coconut, coconut flour and baking soda to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix to combine everything.
- Scoop batter into your waffle maker and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used (Makes 3-4 waffles)
- Top with delicious toppings including almond butter, maple syrup, raw honey, cacao nibs, granola or fresh fruit!