If you thought only making pancakes and waffles with pancake mix was all you could do, think again! These Paleo chocolate glaze pancake cupcakes take packaged mixes to a whole new delicious level!
I love Birchbenders Paleo pancake mix because they’re the perfect clean eating mix to make delicious food simple. When I first started following a Paleo lifestyle, I knew all of the baked goods would have to be homemade because store-bought ones were filled with gluten, dairy and sugar. And traditional sweet mixes were never Paleo friendly. But Birchbenders was the first mix that contained Paleo friendly ingredients like cassava flour, almond flour, coconut flour, monk fruit and eggs, but it was also so easy to make because all you had to do was add water!
Clean food diets can get pretty expensive when you need a ton of white flour alternatives. And nut flours are not cheap. So the fact that Birchbenders Paleo pancake mix has 3 types of flours in one mix means I don’t need a stocked pantry to make something sweet and satisfying. But pancakes and waffles can get pretty boring after some time so I wanted to try to make something different and equally as good with this great mix. Enter cupcakes – the perfect dessert and can also be renamed into a muffin so I can have it for breakfast without any guilt.
And since all the basic flours are already in the mix, and so is the egg, all you need is some basic baking ingredients and the wet ingredients. It’s crazy easy. And delicious. Feel free to add chocolate chips or fresh fruit to the batter. Pretend its a pancake, just in cupcake form!
1 hr, 10 Prep Time
10 minCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 2 cups Birchbenders pancake mix
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (Enjoy-Life)
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Start by making the chocolate glaze.
- To do this, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds so it doesn't burn.
- Place it into a ziploc bag and refrigerate for one hour until it hardens into a thicker frosting.
- Remove the bag from the oven when you're ready to frost your cupcakes. To do this cut the corner of the bottom of the ziploc bag and squeeze the top of the bag until the frosting comes out and you can decorate your cupcakes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease or line a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil and almond extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well
- Fill the muffin tins half way.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and all the pancake cupcakes to cool.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, you can top them with the chocolate glaze.